30 Day Creative Challenge
As part of my 30B30 and because I have wanted to do this for quite a while, I have decided to dedicate the month of June to creating something everyday in the 30 Day Creative Challenge.
The 30 Day Creative Challenge is a creative challenge to create something artistic everyday for 30 days, based on the prompt for that day. You can use any medium (traditional art, writing, photography, digital art, craft or anything you like) and interpret the daily prompt in your own way. Results can be shared on your blog each day or at the end of the month.
Just a reminder
This is a list of reminders to myself. They could be relevant to you, if they are, I hope they can help motivate greater kindness towards yourself. I was inspired by similar posts that Liz has made.
- It’s okay to be sad and cry. You don’t have to try to act strong all the time. You’re just ignoring emotions that are going to build up and explode (boom).
- You should not feel stupid because you are unable to do something that someone else can (and don’t use that ‘everyone can’ excuse, because that is a lie).
- Measuring your own self worth on any kind of scale (including ones where other people are involved) is a lie.
- So you don’t look like a model or won’t be a cover girl. It does not mean that you are ugly and worthless. That kind of theory gives you an F-.
The past week I have been helping someone I know setup a website. While taking photos for them, I decided to snap a few shots of things around me.
Be warned, this post is image heavy.
20 random facts about me
Here are 20 random facts about me.
- When I was little I wanted to be a writer (and director).
- I have 9 piercings (ears x 7, nose and labret).
- I am a smoker (eew, I know).
- My natural hair colour is dark brown, I have dyed my hair; black, blonde, red, pink, green, purple, blue, yellow, orange and white.
- I do not have
a lot of self-confidence.
- I have met four of my online friends.
- Kya is not my real name, it is an online alias that I have had for over ten years.
- I do not have any tattoos, I do have several ideas. I am mainly scared about the tattoo artist messing up the design.
- I failed a cooking course in High School.
- I care about equality, equal rights and animals.
30B30: Plan a future
This blog post is part of the 30 Before 30 tag, where I have 30 goals that I aim to complete before turning 30 on the 11th of March, 2017.
I thought it was certainly time to update my 30 Before 30 tag, with a specific update and tick off of the Plan a future item (sitting on #2). It’s kind of a big one, and I am glad that I can now be able to say; “Oh cool, I have a future, I have plans, things are going to be alright.” That’s not to say, that unexpected things can’t happen, plans can and often do change. I am content with the fact that at least for now, I have some direction!
My plan for the future