Just a reminder
This is a list of reminders to myself. They could be relevant to you, if they are, I hope they can help motivate greater kindness towards yourself. I was inspired by similar posts that Liz has made.
- It’s okay to be sad and cry. You don’t have to try to act strong all the time. You’re just ignoring emotions that are going to build up and explode (boom).
- You should not feel stupid because you are unable to do something that someone else can (and don’t use that ‘everyone can’ excuse, because that is a lie).
- Measuring your own self worth on any kind of scale (including ones where other people are involved) is a lie.
- So you don’t look like a model or won’t be a cover girl. It does not mean that you are ugly and worthless. That kind of theory gives you an F-.
The past week I have been helping someone I know setup a website. While taking photos for them, I decided to snap a few shots of things around me.
Be warned, this post is image heavy.
20 random facts about me
Here are 20 random facts about me.
- When I was little I wanted to be a writer (and director).
- I have 9 piercings (ears x 7, nose and labret).
- I am a smoker (eew, I know).
- My natural hair colour is dark brown, I have dyed my hair; black, blonde, red, pink, green, purple, blue, yellow, orange and white.
- I do not have
a lot of self-confidence.
- I have met four of my online friends.
- Kya is not my real name, it is an online alias that I have had for over ten years.
- I do not have any tattoos, I do have several ideas. I am mainly scared about the tattoo artist messing up the design.
- I failed a cooking course in High School.
- I care about equality, equal rights and animals.
30B30: Plan a future
This blog post is part of the 30 Before 30 tag, where I have 30 goals that I aim to complete before turning 30 on the 11th of March, 2017.
I thought it was certainly time to update my 30 Before 30 tag, with a specific update and tick off of the Plan a future item (sitting on #2). It’s kind of a big one, and I am glad that I can now be able to say; “Oh cool, I have a future, I have plans, things are going to be alright.” That’s not to say, that unexpected things can’t happen, plans can and often do change. I am content with the fact that at least for now, I have some direction!
My plan for the future
I decided to take up a online hobby that I used to enjoy, making fanlistings.
What is a fanlisting? If you are not sure what a fanlisting is, it is a fansite that you make for a particular subject and allow members to join from around the world. If a member has a website they can use one of the buttons or codes to place on their website and show they are a fan of something (keep in mind that this was before Facebook allowed you to like certain interests, activities and entertainment). You can choose to make a fanlisting for anything, or you can make something for a subject not listed at The Fanlistings Network and apply to have yours listed (or to make one for an available interest). If you have a fanlisting listed on The Fanlistings Network, you have to make sure you follow guidelines, such as allowing everyone to join and making sure you update the site every two months.