30 Day Creative Challenge: Recap
For the month of June I completed the 30 Day Creative Challenge, where I created something each day for 30 days, based on a daily prompt. It was also part of my 30 Before 30.
I have finally completed the 30 Day Creative Challenge, and I present the results to you in this post (it is image heavy). There were some days that I had to catch up on, mainly because of a few events that were difficult. 1. My dear Kangaroo friend Denise died in early June and that was very sad and a shock. 2. I had a tooth that was causing me a lot of trouble, and eventually had to be taken out, where they found it had an infection around it. My mouth is healed, but it takes longer to heal from loss, but I am getting there.
So now, lets look at the creative results.
30 Day Creative Challenge
As part of my 30B30 and because I have wanted to do this for quite a while, I have decided to dedicate the month of June to creating something everyday in the 30 Day Creative Challenge.
The 30 Day Creative Challenge is a creative challenge to create something artistic everyday for 30 days, based on the prompt for that day. You can use any medium (traditional art, writing, photography, digital art, craft or anything you like) and interpret the daily prompt in your own way. Results can be shared on your blog each day or at the end of the month.
Just a reminder
This is a list of reminders to myself. They could be relevant to you, if they are, I hope they can help motivate greater kindness towards yourself. I was inspired by similar posts that Liz has made.
- It’s okay to be sad and cry. You don’t have to try to act strong all the time. You’re just ignoring emotions that are going to build up and explode (boom).
- You should not feel stupid because you are unable to do something that someone else can (and don’t use that ‘everyone can’ excuse, because that is a lie).
- Measuring your own self worth on any kind of scale (including ones where other people are involved) is a lie.
- So you don’t look like a model or won’t be a cover girl. It does not mean that you are ugly and worthless. That kind of theory gives you an F-.
The past week I have been helping someone I know setup a website. While taking photos for them, I decided to snap a few shots of things around me.
Be warned, this post is image heavy.
20 random facts about me
Here are 20 random facts about me.
- When I was little I wanted to be a writer (and director).
- I have 9 piercings (ears x 7, nose and labret).
- I am a smoker (eew, I know).
- My natural hair colour is dark brown, I have dyed my hair; black, blonde, red, pink, green, purple, blue, yellow, orange and white.
- I do not have
a lot of self-confidence.
- I have met four of my online friends.
- Kya is not my real name, it is an online alias that I have had for over ten years.
- I do not have any tattoos, I do have several ideas. I am mainly scared about the tattoo artist messing up the design.
- I failed a cooking course in High School.
- I care about equality, equal rights and animals.