This is a list of reminders to myself. They could be relevant to you, if they are, I hope they can help motivate greater kindness towards yourself. I was inspired by similar posts that Liz has made.
- It’s okay to be sad and cry. You don’t have to try to act strong all the time. You’re just ignoring emotions that are going to build up and explode (boom).
- You should not feel stupid because you are unable to do something that someone else can (and don’t use that ‘everyone can’ excuse, because that is a lie).
- Measuring your own self worth on any kind of scale (including ones where other people are involved) is a lie.
- So you don’t look like a model or won’t be a cover girl. It does not mean that you are ugly and worthless. That kind of theory gives you an F-.
- Thigh gap. Just GTFO.
- Maybe medication helps you to function like a somewhat normal noodle. Better than the alternative.
- There is no normal noodle. Duh.
- Having a partner, being in a relationship, making babies does not make you a complete person. Do things your own way (and if partner and babies is what you want, then that is your way).
- It does not hurt to be kind to other people. However, if they treat you poorly for no good reason, you have a right to voice your opinions (heh).
- Just because you might think/act/interact/communicate with people differently, doesn’t mean that you’re a failure.
- Mental illness and 8 cats doesn’t make you a…… well, maybe a little.
- Every so called flaw that you worry about, is actually a small part of what makes you the unique person you are.
- You can’t control what has already been, but you can learn to manage and live with the parts that really hurt.
- Guess what, a lot of ‘talent skills’ actually require learning techniques (gasp). So, you say you can’t draw, bullpoop. I know you can, just dedicate some time to perfecting and exploring.
- You can say you haven’t written creatively for a long time because your concentration is poor or whatever other reason you have. You’re not going to improve your skills and let loose in the creative writing bubble if you write nothing. Just write whatever. You don’t have to share it with anyone, just freaking do it.
- There is no right way or wrong way (well, technically, if you are living a life of crime, that isn’t good).
- It’s okay to laugh at yourself, when you are trying to be funny, or just get a kick out of your own sense of humour sometimes.
- Random blog posts can be a thing, if you want them to be.
1. What reminder would you give to yourself?