My mum has her birthday on the 25th of February and I wanted to give her a gift that she could really enjoy. I decided to renovate the kitchen for her.
Inspired by renovating my bedroom, I thought that giving the kitchen a fresh new look would be a really great present (mum thinks so too). Our kitchen was looking a bit sad and sorry with; linoleum removed from the floor and bare cork style flooring, dark cupboards and slightly orange walls, it was really screaming for a redo.
Here is what I have done so far:
- Light sanded the cork flooring
- Painted the cork flooring (in a nice charcoal colour)
- Applied a thick coat of gloss to the cork flooring
- Sanded 90% of the kitchen cupboards
What’s up next:
- Finish sanding the kitchen cupboards
- Paint cupboards (white)
- Paint walls (white)
- Paint random ‘country’ tiles (white)
I am not going to lie, it is quite a large job to do, but at the same time I am only making ‘surface’ changes and not pulling out cupboards and replacing them. When I renovated my bedroom it gave me more confidence in using power tools, so picking up the sander again wasn’t that big of an issue. I am really looking forward to finishing this project, and although I won’t have it finished by her birthday, I don’t think that matters too much.
I plan to share some pictures when it’s finished.
- What does your kitchen look like?
- What colours are your kitchen?
- Would you like to change anything about your kitchen (if you could)?