During the spooky month of October 2017, I completed the class Interactive Design for Web, applied to undertake a new degree and started working on my next children’s book.
Interactive Design For Web
Website Design is an ever-evolving and expanding terrain. Things can change so quickly that if you fall out of sync, it can be difficult to know where to start again.
Interactive Design for Web provided me with insights, information and resources to jump back in and experiment with a field that has always piqued my interest. I created some practice designs and expect to continue building more (maybe even some WordPress themes… ).
I received a final grade of 86/100. In my first assessment, 79 and my second 92. My first was low because I had too much documentation, which I rectified in the second.
Graphic Design / Photography
Over the past ten months, I had been considering changing to a Graphic Design / Photography double degree offered by CSU. I decided to apply because I feel this degree connects with what I want to learn and my future ambitions.
The double degree is online, and I am hoping I will be accepted. If declined I can continue to learn Communication Design, which has provided me with a lot of knowledge and allowed my confidence to grow.
Children’s Book 3
I have started working on my next children’s book, which I *hope* will be finished in December this year. For this book, I wanted to create something that had a substantial moral value with a valuable message.
The book will focus on inspiring young girls to see their real beauty, intelligence and creativity through many different career paths.
I am currently working on a post with more details, that I intend to publish next week. I have broken down the process into stages with the first focusing on planning and research.
- I got a Fitbit Ionic which has been a great inspiration to keep active and try new forms of exercise. It’s a big step up (hah) from the Flex.
- I FINALLY finished my dad’s room. Mum killed it with all the styling, while I did most of the labour work haha.
- I finished 43rd in an Adobe competition. I wasn’t feeling as motivated/inspired to create a lot of new work, so I am quite happy with that result.
- I got tickets to see Pink in August 2018. I am excited about this and can’t wait to have a mini holiday in 2018.
- I watched the second season of Stranger Things and loved it.
- What did you do in October?
- Have any plans for November?
- Do you have a Fitbit or smart watch?