Inspired by a blog post that Sarah posted and the Youtube #DearMe campaign (in celebration of International Women’s Day) I have made this post to give advice to my younger self (and maybe even take something away for my future self).
New Theme (Orca)
Hello again! I recently took my site offline for a few days while I changed the theme and made changes to many of the pages throughout the site.
The theme is awesome. It is called Orca, created by EckoThemes and purchased via Themeforest. I love that it is very spacious and ‘clean lined’. I wanted a design that was new, fresh and squeaky clean. I had intended to create a theme of my own the next time I wanted a change… maybe after this one.
Random creative things I want to do (at some point)
I love creative things. This is a list of random creative & crafty projects that I want to do (at some point).
- Write/Illustrate my owl children’s book (I have this about 80% complete)
- Design/Illustrate a mood journal to use to track moods (an actual paper journal)
- Have my own designs printed onto stationery (notebooks, stickers, pens, cards, etc.)
- Have my own designs printed as wrapping paper, fabric and sticky tape
- Make a handmade & hand bound journal from recycled materials
- Carve my own stamps (inking stamps) OR have my own designs made into stamps
- Purchase or hire a badge maker and make my own designs into badges/buttons/pins (there is a heart shaped badge maker that screams awesome!)
- Try needle felting and make some cute toys/creations
- Make felt creations of some of my own designs (hand sew)
Whimsical Joy Studios
Claire sent me some adorable gifts for Christmas
this last year. So many notebooks and pretty things. I feel mean to the other gifts, but I absolutely adore the mini macarons in a jar necklace. It is just so awesome!