A new direction
I made a decision to apply to study a degree in Communication Design with Swinburne Online.
I am very interested in this course because it covers many modern design techniques and photography (!). I had to submit a design portfolio with different works I had created and explain my communication and design objective, which was an interesting task. I also had to include a personal statement that gives them an idea if this degree is right for you (I hope they think so). I am a little nervous about it, because I have not studied since 2010 (wow).
I know that this will be a good opportunity for me and give me direction and solid goals. Even if I am not approved for this degree, I am going to find another one (such as Internet Communications that I had started in 2010). For many years I have been floating and not really sure where I was heading. I like to think that this is the start of a new phase that has many wonderful opportunities.
On March 11, I turned 28. It wasn’t all doomy and gloomy, but it did feel strange. Yesterday I thought I was only a teen, and now I am inching towards 30.
I think the most important thing that I realised is; I don’t have to act my age, I only have to be myself. My age does not define who I am or dictate how I should live.
Inspired by a blog post that Sarah posted and the Youtube #DearMe campaign (in celebration of International Women’s Day) I have made this post to give advice to my younger self (and maybe even take something away for my future self).
New Theme (Orca)
Hello again! I recently took my site offline for a few days while I changed the theme and made changes to many of the pages throughout the site.
The theme is awesome. It is called Orca, created by EckoThemes and purchased via Themeforest. I love that it is very spacious and ‘clean lined’. I wanted a design that was new, fresh and squeaky clean. I had intended to create a theme of my own the next time I wanted a change… maybe after this one.
Random creative things I want to do (at some point)
I love creative things. This is a list of random creative & crafty projects that I want to do (at some point).
- Write/Illustrate my owl children’s book (I have this about 80% complete)
- Design/Illustrate a mood journal to use to track moods (an actual paper journal)
- Have my own designs printed onto stationery (notebooks, stickers, pens, cards, etc.)
- Have my own designs printed as wrapping paper, fabric and sticky tape
- Make a handmade & hand bound journal from recycled materials
- Carve my own stamps (inking stamps) OR have my own designs made into stamps
- Purchase or hire a badge maker and make my own designs into badges/buttons/pins (there is a heart shaped badge maker that screams awesome!)
- Try needle felting and make some cute toys/creations
- Make felt creations of some of my own designs (hand sew)