Goodbye September 2017! (oops I am a little late). In September I was mainly busy with website designing for my Interactive Design for Web class and creating a few practice designs.
Interactive Design for Web
I devoted a lot of my time in September to focussing on the website design class and improving my prototype concept and final site.
I received the results for my first assessment, and it was a disappointing result (79 ). I scored high marks for the actual website, but low marks for my workbook documentation. Essentially, I had too much information. I was a little annoyed because there was no page limit, and I had conducted a lot of research and wanted to prove it. It was a good learning experience to make sure I ask questions before a submission to gauge the expectations and limitations of each teachers marking technique.
Website Design Practice
Besides working on my prototype website, I also spent some time creating some practice sites. I experimented with HTML, CSS and jQuery/JS which was exciting and sometimes challenging (I’m looking at you jQuery/JS. I feel that my abilities and confidence has grown a lot compared to a month ago (woo).
Below are a few examples of my favourite designs I created. You can view all of them at my Website Design Practice subdomain I created.
Design Quotes: A very simple concept of a one page design with quotes seperated by slanted backgrounds.
Happy Halloween: This halloween design is rather simple, but I had a lot of fun with it. I included some of my illustrations and random quotes for something a little spooky (so this was made in October as well, bwahahah).
- I returned to the doctor and got results back about my thyroid. I have been placed on medication to help manage it. So far I have noticed some slight improvements, which is excellent.
- I FINALLY went and got my learner license again.
- I Have been helping my dad build a new home for my cats. It’s a neat complex that I think they will love.
- What did you do in September?
- Have any plans for October?
- What did you create recently?