There have been a lot of things going on recently. Most of them have been ‘dsjdkhiuhasdajkh DOOM’ but there have also been a few good things too.
I have had ear trouble for the last five months. It started as an ear infection, then turned into something that the last four doctors don’t know what it is (yay). So I have to wait until November to see a specialist. At least twice a month if gets so much pressure/throbbing and builds up with fluid and really hurts. After a while it kind of leaks out. Ew.
My mum went on holiday for two weeks so I had some time to myself. I did miss her, so it was nice to see her when she got back.
My dear cat Tigger who was around 17 passed away. She got very ill and was at the vet for a week. It was first thought she had an infection, but it looks more likely it was some form of bowel cancer. The vet suggested we have her put down, but we couldn’t do it. I wish we had of done that now, because her death was very hard.
My dads bird Flapper (who was around 5) also passed away. I am not sure what happened, but he suddenly got very quiet. We brought him inside the day before he died, I checked on him a lot. But he passed away while I was not with him (I don’t like anything to be alone if it is going to pass) so that was sad.
I have made some progress on my ‘mental health battle’. I was able to speak with a health professional who actually listened and seemed to care. So I have a start, in hopefully a good direction.
Kate sent me some lovely gifts, a cute owl friend and a lovely candle that smells really nice. The card was also wonderful! (Image of these under the cut.) THANK YOU!
For several months we have had a visitor. Sometimes the feline friend would be here one night and gone for several more. However in the last three months this visitor has really become apart of the family and now lets me cuddle, pet and pick him up. He does not get along so well with the other members of the family but I have a nice bond with him.
I introduce you to Ernie.
It took me a while to get good photos of him, because he would usually visit after dark.
Thankfully on one lucky day, I noticed him and he did not seem scared of my camera.
So… that might mean I have 9 cats and 1 bird now… but I love them all.
Happy Australia Day from a Kangaroo friend
Happy Australia day to all Australians out there from me and my Kangaroo friend.
You may ask, why is there a Kangaroo in my yard eating bread? Well the story is that dad was feeding birds outside, and the Kangaroo kept looking at the bread. So dad threw him some and he loved it. That was a few days ago, and he would have a little bit each morning. But today was different. Dad gave him the little bit of bread, but the Kangaroo wanted a lot more. I went outside to look at him and he kept getting closer and closer. He then jumped away (and I felt slightly less nervous) but the next minute he comes around the corner on the veranda (so I ran inside). He has stayed around the house all day, keeps looking for us and comes closer when he hears my mums voice. We gave him some more bread, thinking that maybe he would have that and go away, it didn’t work. I don’t really want to give him anymore, because I want him to wonder off and eat, you know, Kangaroo food like grass. We nicknamed him Norman, but then that name somehow became Denis.
Yesterday I lost my dear friend and doggie, Kinky. She was an old dog and became very ill. It was so sad to see her so sick and to go through so much that I had to make the awful decision to have her put to sleep. I wish I didn’t have to do it, but she was becoming sicker and sicker and I didn’t want her to have to go through such trauma. I was very close to her, we formed a special bond and loved each other. She hated to be away from me, so I stayed with her until the end so she was not alone. I am really going to miss her and I am lucky that I was able to have a special animal friend like her in my life.
This animal monday I would like to dedicate to my adopted dog Kinky (named so for a kink in her tail). She is the sweetest dog I have ever met. She is an older dog and first lived with my grandparents. It was sad to see her alone, so now that I am living in my grandparents house, Kinky and I keep each other company. She loves pats and cuddles and likes to wake me up by nudging her nose on the side of the bed (she does this often, but how can you get angry with such a cute face). She cares about people and has such expressive eyes, you can almost see what she is thinking. She also love Schmackos (which we call her ‘lollies’) and will sometimes wake me up at 3am wanting one.
My beautiful cat Pocket passed away today. She had been in my life for 17 years and meant so much to me. She was with me when I was growing up, through many of the great memories and emotions. It hurts to have to say goodbye and hurt even more to watch her suffer. At least now I know she is finally at peace.
Pocket was a very individual cat. She had a dominant personality and was ‘The Boss’. She would often play tricks on me, such as getting under my bed when I was younger and pulling open bags and playing with everything she could. She used to beep rather then meow (until a few years ago when she started to meow).
I love her dearly and even though I won’t be able to hold her paw or cuddle her again, she is always in my heart and I am thankful I was able to spend the majority of 17 years with her.
At the moment I feel like there is a black shadow following me around. I am unable to concentrate and feel numb. This hasn’t just hit me out of nowhere and rather then go into everything I will simply list the negative and positive things that have been happening in my life at the moment.
- My grandfather has been very ill and has been in hospital for several weeks. He almost died several times and he is stable at the moment but his health is not improving. This opens up the question of care in a home. My mother and I dread the though of having to do this to him, but on the same token he is 24 hour high care and because he is so ill, can we cope if he was in his own house?
- My oldest cat Pocket almost died last week. She was choking with fluid on her lungs. Mum got the fluid off her lungs, but the vet told us after giving her a scan that she has cancer and has a very large tumor. She has a lot of trouble breathing and she is on medication to help, it just hurts to see her so unwell.
- I have a bladder infection which is driving me crazy.
- My great uncle I adore had a heart attack.
- One of my birds, Poodle died.
- My fortnightly money I received from the government was cancelled because I forgot some paperwork.
- I received a $500 phone bill and doesn’t make sense.
- Because I have no money coming in now I am stressing about what to do.
- I am at home.
- I can sleep in.
I wish I didn’t have so much negative energy swirling around me. I know that my outlook and depressed attitude can make things seem even worse. I will try and focus on my designs and photography to take my mind into a productive and hopefully positive direction.
So far I have been having a really amazing time in Sydney and so far it has only been two full days that I have been here. 3_3 It is exciting because I have never been in such a big city by myself before, so not only am I having fun, but I am also growing up (nooooooo, childish forever please 4_4 ). I will recap the major events, but the biggest thing to me is being able to meet friends that mean a lot to me. On Saturday I met Claire and Krissy
for the first time and it was so warming, exciting and I still smile realizing that yes it really happened and I am not living in a dream. 3_3
- Arrived in Sydney and checked in to hotel. I didn’t like my room at first (it was really small) so was moved to another. It was amazing it had a piano and spa bath, but the piano made it a bit small and I decided to move again (haha, I am sure I was a big pain to them).
- Met Claire for the first time . It was so awesome to meet her. I was so paranoid about making a fool of myself, being really boring or lame. (There is a good chance I still was, lols). We walked around a tad, went to the museum and looked at a Pre-Raphaelite exhibition. (I have to say it made more sense when you read the blurb about it first, rather then looking at everything first haha).
- We went and had a browse around Paddy’s Markets and I was good with my money (even when there was so many pretty things) I only brought Hello Kitty fake nails, hehe.
- Saturday night I met Krissy for the first time. I was really excited about this because I have known her for a long time (maybe 7 years). She is such a kind hearted, warm, friendly and special person. I am so glad that I was able to have the time to finally meet her! We had Dinner and wondered around a little.
- Brought Macarons (!!) and looked around at some really really cute/Kawaii stores in china town. My wallet was begging me to spend, but I was good, hehe!
- Krissy and I headed out to the zoo which was so much fun. Some of the highlights were Giraffes (because they are the best thing ever, omg), Zebras and the bunnies standing underneath them (so funny, you have to see),
- We then headed out to Bondi, it was dark and pretty cold but I still really love the vibe at Bondi. Had some of the tastiest fish and chips ever and we also had some frozen yoghurt from Twisted (OMG SO DELICIOUS!!!)
- I didn’t do a great deal on Mon-DAY, mainly slept because my legs were so soar.
- Night time Krissy and I went to see Harry Potter in 3D at the IMAX theatre which is HUGE (apparently the biggest in the world?). I had never watched a movie in 3D before so it was exciting. I enjoyed the movie and did cry several times. I am really glad I was able to watch the last chapter with Krissy, made it extra special.
Stay tuned for more. 4_4
I am sure I probably forgot some important things..
Life has been busy at the moment, and the last few days have been chaos.
- A started Uni and I am loving it. Meeting so many different people and starting to work on many interesting subjects related to the internet. Week is more of an introduction to the units and meeting students, week two (next week) will begin more detailed work on the modules within the units. I am excited.
- Kitdung (formally known as Rascal) was ill and we had to take him to the vet. He couldn’t eat and was having a lot of trouble swallowing. He is doing a lot better now!
- It has rained so much that today all roads leading out of town. Poppy had to go to diyalsis and because the roads became blocked could not come home. This was very hectic because we had to try and work out a way for him to stay somewhere. It is quite scary and I hope he will be okay and we can pick him up tomorrow, as well as Kitdung who is still at the vet.
- I hate a tooth that is giving me hell. I had a dentist appointment today, but because of the rain I couldn’t go, blah.
- Because of so much rain one of our dams was overflowing and over 50 fish had been washed out into the grass. It was by luck that I happened to wonder over to the area they were. I jumped into action and put them back into the water. It was so sad to see them trying to find water to survive, but I am so glad I was able to find them in time and save them. Poor little creatures. *hugs*
- I have a new DeviantArt account, I have added some new pixels too it lately.
- It is still raining now. I hope it slows soon!