Yesterday I lost my dear friend and doggie, Kinky. She was an old dog and became very ill. It was so sad to see her so sick and to go through so much that I had to make the awful decision to have her put to sleep. I wish I didn’t have to do it, but she was becoming sicker and sicker and I didn’t want her to have to go through such trauma. I was very close to her, we formed a special bond and loved each other. She hated to be away from me, so I stayed with her until the end so she was not alone. I am really going to miss her and I am lucky that I was able to have a special animal friend like her in my life.
This animal monday I would like to dedicate to my adopted dog Kinky (named so for a kink in her tail). She is the sweetest dog I have ever met. She is an older dog and first lived with my grandparents. It was sad to see her alone, so now that I am living in my grandparents house, Kinky and I keep each other company. She loves pats and cuddles and likes to wake me up by nudging her nose on the side of the bed (she does this often, but how can you get angry with such a cute face). She cares about people and has such expressive eyes, you can almost see what she is thinking. She also love Schmackos (which we call her ‘lollies’) and will sometimes wake me up at 3am wanting one.
My beautiful cat Pocket passed away today. She had been in my life for 17 years and meant so much to me. She was with me when I was growing up, through many of the great memories and emotions. It hurts to have to say goodbye and hurt even more to watch her suffer. At least now I know she is finally at peace.
Pocket was a very individual cat. She had a dominant personality and was ‘The Boss’. She would often play tricks on me, such as getting under my bed when I was younger and pulling open bags and playing with everything she could. She used to beep rather then meow (until a few years ago when she started to meow).
I love her dearly and even though I won’t be able to hold her paw or cuddle her again, she is always in my heart and I am thankful I was able to spend the majority of 17 years with her.
At the moment I feel like there is a black shadow following me around. I am unable to concentrate and feel numb. This hasn’t just hit me out of nowhere and rather then go into everything I will simply list the negative and positive things that have been happening in my life at the moment.
- My grandfather has been very ill and has been in hospital for several weeks. He almost died several times and he is stable at the moment but his health is not improving. This opens up the question of care in a home. My mother and I dread the though of having to do this to him, but on the same token he is 24 hour high care and because he is so ill, can we cope if he was in his own house?
- My oldest cat Pocket almost died last week. She was choking with fluid on her lungs. Mum got the fluid off her lungs, but the vet told us after giving her a scan that she has cancer and has a very large tumor. She has a lot of trouble breathing and she is on medication to help, it just hurts to see her so unwell.
- I have a bladder infection which is driving me crazy.
- My great uncle I adore had a heart attack.
- One of my birds, Poodle died.
- My fortnightly money I received from the government was cancelled because I forgot some paperwork.
- I received a $500 phone bill and doesn’t make sense.
- Because I have no money coming in now I am stressing about what to do.
- I am at home.
- I can sleep in.
I wish I didn’t have so much negative energy swirling around me. I know that my outlook and depressed attitude can make things seem even worse. I will try and focus on my designs and photography to take my mind into a productive and hopefully positive direction.
Ladybugs are beautiful creatures that fill me with inspiration and thoughts of hidden lands. They capture so much beauty in such a little form. 3_3
Click images for sources
- Arrived in Sydney and checked in to hotel. I didn’t like my room at first (it was really small) so was moved to another. It was amazing it had a piano and spa bath, but the piano made it a bit small and I decided to move again (haha, I am sure I was a big pain to them).
- Met Claire for the first time . It was so awesome to meet her. I was so paranoid about making a fool of myself, being really boring or lame. (There is a good chance I still was, lols). We walked around a tad, went to the museum and looked at a Pre-Raphaelite exhibition. (I have to say it made more sense when you read the blurb about it first, rather then looking at everything first haha).
- We went and had a browse around Paddy’s Markets and I was good with my money (even when there was so many pretty things) I only brought Hello Kitty fake nails, hehe.
- Saturday night I met Krissy for the first time. I was really excited about this because I have known her for a long time (maybe 7 years). She is such a kind hearted, warm, friendly and special person. I am so glad that I was able to have the time to finally meet her! We had Dinner and wondered around a little.
- Brought Macarons (!!) and looked around at some really really cute/Kawaii stores in china town. My wallet was begging me to spend, but I was good, hehe!
- Krissy and I headed out to the zoo which was so much fun. Some of the highlights were Giraffes (because they are the best thing ever, omg), Zebras and the bunnies standing underneath them (so funny, you have to see),
- We then headed out to Bondi, it was dark and pretty cold but I still really love the vibe at Bondi. Had some of the tastiest fish and chips ever and we also had some frozen yoghurt from Twisted (OMG SO DELICIOUS!!!)
- I didn’t do a great deal on Mon-DAY, mainly slept because my legs were so soar.
- Night time Krissy and I went to see Harry Potter in 3D at the IMAX theatre which is HUGE (apparently the biggest in the world?). I had never watched a movie in 3D before so it was exciting. I enjoyed the movie and did cry several times. I am really glad I was able to watch the last chapter with Krissy, made it extra special.
Stay tuned for more. 4_4
I am sure I probably forgot some important things..
Life has been busy at the moment, and the last few days have been chaos.
- A started Uni and I am loving it. Meeting so many different people and starting to work on many interesting subjects related to the internet. Week is more of an introduction to the units and meeting students, week two (next week) will begin more detailed work on the modules within the units. I am excited.
- Kitdung (formally known as Rascal) was ill and we had to take him to the vet. He couldn’t eat and was having a lot of trouble swallowing. He is doing a lot better now!
- It has rained so much that today all roads leading out of town. Poppy had to go to diyalsis and because the roads became blocked could not come home. This was very hectic because we had to try and work out a way for him to stay somewhere. It is quite scary and I hope he will be okay and we can pick him up tomorrow, as well as Kitdung who is still at the vet.
- I hate a tooth that is giving me hell. I had a dentist appointment today, but because of the rain I couldn’t go, blah.
- Because of so much rain one of our dams was overflowing and over 50 fish had been washed out into the grass. It was by luck that I happened to wonder over to the area they were. I jumped into action and put them back into the water. It was so sad to see them trying to find water to survive, but I am so glad I was able to find them in time and save them. Poor little creatures. *hugs*
- I have a new DeviantArt account, I have added some new pixels too it lately.
- It is still raining now. I hope it slows soon!
Rabbits are cute, cuddly and bouncy. How could you not want a Bunny as a best friend? I love that Rabbits look so soft and friendly, like bundles of soft cotton you could snuggle into. They appear so delicate and sweet and most seem like they are.
This entry is in the honour of Bunnies and Krissy who is just as cuddly.
Oh glorious being that stretches up into the clouds, what views of the world do you hold secret and pure? My friend, my companion may you forever walk amongst us, with your long neck held high.
Giraffes are AWESOME. They are one of my favourite animals (and if you love them too you should join the fanlisting, hehe!) I find that there seems to be a great gentleness and aura of love and kindness floating around them. Although they can be aggressive, they still seem so calm and beautiful. Those glorious long necks and spotty/splodged patterns on them just add more magic and delight.
I adore cats and have since I was little. I currently have six cats (Pocket, Tigger, Oscar, Maddy, Kitdung and Mogwai) and love them all. They each have different personalities and unique quirks that make me feel like we are friends, family. I am not just a fan of my own cats (although they do hold a very special place in my heart, because they are my babies) I find a great joy in watching them play, explore and discover new wonders in life. They seem to capture in a way, a somehow mischievous innocence and beauty. They can be naughty, bold, strong, scared and affectionate all in a passing instant.
Do you have a cat/s? Why are they so special to you?