Look at us this magic race, sitting in our garden. Hearing stories, fairy tales that wither like our fathers.
- Arrived in Sydney and checked in to hotel. I didn’t like my room at first (it was really small) so was moved to another. It was amazing it had a piano and spa bath, but the piano made it a bit small and I decided to move again (haha, I am sure I was a big pain to them).
- Met Claire for the first time . It was so awesome to meet her. I was so paranoid about making a fool of myself, being really boring or lame. (There is a good chance I still was, lols). We walked around a tad, went to the museum and looked at a Pre-Raphaelite exhibition. (I have to say it made more sense when you read the blurb about it first, rather then looking at everything first haha).
- We went and had a browse around Paddy’s Markets and I was good with my money (even when there was so many pretty things) I only brought Hello Kitty fake nails, hehe.
- Saturday night I met Krissy for the first time. I was really excited about this because I have known her for a long time (maybe 7 years). She is such a kind hearted, warm, friendly and special person. I am so glad that I was able to have the time to finally meet her! We had Dinner and wondered around a little.
- Brought Macarons (!!) and looked around at some really really cute/Kawaii stores in china town. My wallet was begging me to spend, but I was good, hehe!
- Krissy and I headed out to the zoo which was so much fun. Some of the highlights were Giraffes (because they are the best thing ever, omg), Zebras and the bunnies standing underneath them (so funny, you have to see),
- We then headed out to Bondi, it was dark and pretty cold but I still really love the vibe at Bondi. Had some of the tastiest fish and chips ever and we also had some frozen yoghurt from Twisted (OMG SO DELICIOUS!!!)
- I didn’t do a great deal on Mon-DAY, mainly slept because my legs were so soar.
- Night time Krissy and I went to see Harry Potter in 3D at the IMAX theatre which is HUGE (apparently the biggest in the world?). I had never watched a movie in 3D before so it was exciting. I enjoyed the movie and did cry several times. I am really glad I was able to watch the last chapter with Krissy, made it extra special.
Stay tuned for more. 4_4
I am sure I probably forgot some important things..
Edit: I revamped the image a bit and added gradients and a bit of a body. You can see the change in the first image compared to the second. 4_4
I wanted to try a different style of art this time round for this week. It might be similar in some ways (har har) but to me it is a different approach to the process. It is rather simple, but I hope for a simple elegance and beauty to shine through in this fashion diva.
Would you use this image in a layout? Just curious. 4_4
A few weeks ago I was going really well with blogging everyday for a whole week and I enjoyed it. Starting Monday I hope to continue again and have fun making myself update.
A cute cupcake. I plan (or had?) to use this design as a template for something I will use for my online shop (whenever I actually make it, heh. I have things to sell, I just haven’t found time to get my things together, bummer). x:cupcakestraw:
Book loves you! :’)
Now, back to work on various things. This was mainly an excuse to say I will be blogging again soon, and to share some art. Bwahaha.
For Writing Sunday I will be writing a poem inspired by the image below that was found using the search word Artist on istockphoto.com! I need to write more, I annoy myself that I love it so much, yet do so little. The less I do, the worse I become with using language. *kickstarts the pen*
I am the artist
the one who observes the world.
I remain hidden
misunderstood and obscured.
Is there fate in darkness
under the veil of a wicked spell
tormented, beaten and skinned.
Has my mask fallen
who is waiting inside
the figure does not matter
to these blind eyes?
I basically opened Illustrator with the intention of creating an artwork, but I wasn’t sure what. I found myself sketching the head, then kind of fell into a morbid/depressed character. I kept the character dark, but I also wanted to include something that would signal hope, but seem completely out of place with the image, because hope and happiness can often seem that way when you feel so low.
These are rather quick, which seems to be my level of patience for creating most works lately. :P
A fat Bee is a happy Bee, in case you didn’t know.
I am expecting Dad home any minute, I finally get to see him after it has been close to a month. Hard to believe that so much has happened in that time.
I had a good day today. I worked on sites, made an artwork (see Bees above), sketched some ideas for a childrens book and just browsed around and had an easy day. It was nice. I got called weird by my uncle because I was sketching various things while walking because I wanted to see what imprint they left on my mind, then to look back while walking and see them from a different angle. It was interesting, and also trying to draw without standing still haha.
I seem to be inspired to make art everyday lately. Some days I feel proud of what I have made, and then other days I shudder at my lousy colouring and try to ignore it and make something better. 8) It’s keeping me busy, and stops me thinking about other things.
View all at Stash.
I have been working like crazy on Bubble and everything is falling into place. I am getting excited!
I plan to add an online todo list to the sidebar, it may just be there when you are reading this ………. but then if you are reading this from my archives in a year, ten years it obviously won’t.
I think the smiley cupcake has turned out to be an evil cupcake of doom, because once I started I couldn’t stop trying to make pixels and vectors of various things.
Besides the art addiction how have I been? Bleh, it has been really hard for me at the moment. I try to sleep and keep having dreams about Nanna or waking up thinking she is still here, then getting very upset when I know she isn’t. The silly thing, I know she is in a good place now and she can finally be free of age and pain, it is just really hard to get over it. I think the situation of watching her pass away has also really impacted me strongly that I am having trouble dealing with. One day at a time.