First class complete
I have completed my first class or unit for University and although I don’t have my total grade yet, I am pretty sure I passed.
My first class was about 20th Century Design and I enjoyed learning about the events, movements and styles that shaped design, during the 20th century. For instance the industrial revolution that kickstarted mass production, the need for a commercial designer and the creation of the consumer market. I found particularly interesting how design was used to create cultural myth and identity (Australia from the pastoral colonial landscape to entice immigration to the modern world we live in today).
The only issue that I had with the class, was there was a lot of information to try and absorb in just 12 weeks. I am pretty confident that I have passed the class. The first two assignments I submitted I got High Distinctions and if I get at least pass or credit for the others, all is well.
Cloud Stationery Set
Number 22 on my 30 Before 30 was to design a stationery set.
Because I love clouds, I thought I would make a design featuring some happy cute clouds.
30 Day Creative Challenge: Recap
For the month of June I completed the 30 Day Creative Challenge, where I created something each day for 30 days, based on a daily prompt. It was also part of my 30 Before 30.
I have finally completed the 30 Day Creative Challenge, and I present the results to you in this post (it is image heavy). There were some days that I had to catch up on, mainly because of a few events that were difficult. 1. My dear Kangaroo friend Denise died in early June and that was very sad and a shock. 2. I had a tooth that was causing me a lot of trouble, and eventually had to be taken out, where they found it had an infection around it. My mouth is healed, but it takes longer to heal from loss, but I am getting there.
So now, lets look at the creative results.
Look at us this magic race, sitting in our garden. Hearing stories, fairy tales that wither like our fathers.
So far I have been having a really amazing time in Sydney and so far it has only been two full days that I have been here. 3_3 It is exciting because I have never been in such a big city by myself before, so not only am I having fun, but I am also growing up (nooooooo, childish forever please 4_4 ). I will recap the major events, but the biggest thing to me is being able to meet friends that mean a lot to me. On Saturday I met Claire and Krissy
for the first time and it was so warming, exciting and I still smile realizing that yes it really happened and I am not living in a dream. 3_3
- Arrived in Sydney and checked in to hotel. I didn’t like my room at first (it was really small) so was moved to another. It was amazing it had a piano and spa bath, but the piano made it a bit small and I decided to move again (haha, I am sure I was a big pain to them).
- Met Claire for the first time :B . It was so awesome to meet her. I was so paranoid about making a fool of myself, being really boring or lame. (There is a good chance I still was, lols). We walked around a tad, went to the museum and looked at a Pre-Raphaelite exhibition. (I have to say it made more sense when you read the blurb about it first, rather then looking at everything first haha).
- We went and had a browse around Paddy’s Markets and I was good with my money (even when there was so many pretty things) I only brought Hello Kitty fake nails, hehe.
- Saturday night I met Krissy for the first time. I was really excited about this because I have known her for a long time (maybe 7 years). She is such a kind hearted, warm, friendly and special person. I am so glad that I was able to have the time to finally meet her! We had Dinner and wondered around a little.
- Brought Macarons (!!) and looked around at some really really cute/Kawaii stores in china town. My wallet was begging me to spend, but I was good, hehe!
- Krissy and I headed out to the zoo which was so much fun. Some of the highlights were Giraffes (because they are the best thing ever, omg), Zebras and the bunnies standing underneath them (so funny, you have to see),
- We then headed out to Bondi, it was dark and pretty cold but I still really love the vibe at Bondi. Had some of the tastiest fish and chips ever and we also had some frozen yoghurt from Twisted (OMG SO DELICIOUS!!!)
- I didn’t do a great deal on Mon-DAY, mainly slept because my legs were so soar.
- Night time Krissy and I went to see Harry Potter in 3D at the IMAX theatre which is HUGE (apparently the biggest in the world?). I had never watched a movie in 3D before so it was exciting. I enjoyed the movie and did cry several times. I am really glad I was able to watch the last chapter with Krissy, made it extra special.
Stay tuned for more. 4_4
I am sure I probably forgot some important things..