The Month That Was: March 2016
In March 2016, I started my next class at Uni, turned 29 and almost finished the kitchen.
- Started my second class at Uni, which has a focus on many traditional design formats. Such as sketching, tracing, model making, collage. It has a main focus on doing things by hand, and not using computer software. This has been a challenge, because I am so used to using a computer and Illustrator or Photoshop. I have been learning a lot, which is great.
- I turned 29, and was pretty okay about that.
- I got my results from my first class at Uni and received a grade of 94% and high distinction, which put my GPA at 4.0!
- I have continued the kitchen renovation and I am very close to being finished! Hopefully next month I am able to write up a full recap with the finished look!
- Have continued to be soda free, and still loosing weight.
Today I turned 29 and while it is a weird age to consider that your 20s are almost over, I think I am mostly okay with that.
I have never been one to let age define who I am, and that is probably why turning 29 is not that big of a deal. I think sometimes when the number begins to grow larger you start to contemplate all the things you wanted to do by a certain point in time, or the expectations that you have for yourself.
I am happy that I am finally doing the things that I want to do. Studying at University, devoting time to creative pursuits (like digital art, and finishing my first book last year) as well as focussing on my health, both mental and psychical. I feel positive about the future, and that is something I have not been able to say for a long time.
On March 11, I turned 28. It wasn’t all doomy and gloomy, but it did feel strange. Yesterday I thought I was only a teen, and now I am inching towards 30.
I think the most important thing that I realised is; I don’t have to act my age, I only have to be myself. My age does not define who I am or dictate how I should live.
27 Years Today
27 years ago today I was born. In those 27 years that I have been here, I have discovered interesting ways that humans; interact, love, care, hurt, cheat, lie and heal. I have seen life and I have seen death. I have witnessed the decay of people I love and also found an enduring love and honour of spirit. I have struggled with invisible demons and had support by those that offered only the most noble of shelter. I have fought and I have won, I have fought and I have lost, I have fought and keep fighting. I have grown and developed, discovered new paths and clung to dreams so closely forged within.
My hope is that there will be a future that I can be proud of, to have done the things I want and need too, to be and act as the person that I am and to continue to understand and cherish the relationships and people that travel along this life with me.
«Blog Title for the masses.»
Thank you so very much for the opinions on my previous post, on which Christmas illustrations you liked best. I ordered four different designs, plus a sticker sheet and a notepad. I am excited to see them all when they arrive (I’ll make a post about that with pictures). I don’t have plans to sell them, just to give out. So if you are interested in exchanging cards with me, please contact me.
I would like to wish a very happy birthday to my dear friend Nicole and a belated birthday to Raine.
I didn’t end up winning a place in the top three in the competition I entered, but that is fine. I am truly happy that I was a semi-finalist.