See ya 2013
Another year is almost over and 2014 is knocking on our doors! Hopefully it can be a year where we all welcome the visitor, who will bring many positive gifts.
For me, 2013 was a kind of a difficult year. Not as traumatic as 2012 was, but it was still hard. I faced a lot of challenges with mental health, lost a friend to suicide, lost my dear grandparents dog and lived in a numb daze a lot of the time. However, I was lucky in that I had my parents there for me and two good
noodles friends named Nicole and Claire who put up with my craziness and for some strange reason still wanted to be friends. Siriusly Seriously though, they really helped me in so many ways and inspired to give me hope.
What do I want for 2014? I mainly hope that I can settle and try to find stability. I don’t want to make major plans for the future until I am at a place where I am thinking clearly and can handle all that goes with major decisions (take 2012, where I thought my only option was to start a business). I hope that I will reach out for help and keep striving to get to a good place while also still working on creative projects and sharing love with the people I care about.
Now for some kind of random things. :B
I had a lot of fun yesterday and spent more money then I had planned (I did say I would TRY… 4_4 ). I brought a whole bundle of really cute items that I plan to resell. I am not sure if I should do it via my blog or create a website for it. What do you think?
The images above show the items I brought. I had to break it into two images, because I did buy so much. Whoops. I adore my Hello Kitty hat, it is just too cute and it is snuggly and warm! 3_3
- Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith
- That’d be Right by William McInnes
- The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell
- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
- A Woman Among Warlords (Raising My Voice) by Malalai Joya
- The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells
- Little Vampire Women by Lynn Messina
- For the Term of His Natural Life by Marcus Andrew Hislop Clarke
- How to be a zombie by Serena Valentino
- Alice In Wonderland
- Schindler’s List
- The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus
- The Fourth Kind
- Dorian Gray
- Whip It
- The Hurt Locker
- Mao’s Last Dancer
- The Informant!
- Underbelly: The Golden Mile
I also brought three CDs, A Hello Kitty pillow, Butterfly pillow and big giraffe toy, but didn’t add them into the photo, because I forgot I had them in my room. :B
My thoughts on the book I recently read. I haven’t voiced my opinions on a book in a while, so I do apologise that it isn’t that great. If you do not want to be slightly spoiled, please avoid reading more. ^_^
Lee Fiora is an intelligent, observant fourteen-year-old when her father drops her off in front of her dorm at the prestigious Ault School in Massachusetts. She leaves her animated, affectionate family in South Bend, Indiana, at least in part because of the boarding school’s glossy brochure, in which boys in sweaters chat in front of old brick buildings, girls in kilts hold lacrosse sticks on pristinely mown athletic fields, and everyone sings hymns in chapel. As Lee soon learns, Ault is a cloistered world of jaded, attractive teenagers who spend summers on Nantucket and speak in their own clever shorthand. Both intimidated and fascinated by her classmates, Lee becomes a shrewd observer of–and, ultimately, a participant in–their rituals and mores. As a scholarship student, she constantly feels like an outsider and is both drawn to and repelled by other loners. By the time she’s a senior, Lee has created a hard-won place for herself at Ault. But when her behavior takes a self-destructive and highly public turn, her carefully crafted identity within the community is shattered. – From curtissittenfeld.com
A fun little artwork I created in Illustrator. I have to say that I was slightly inspired by Krissy for this character and the bunnies! 4_4
I plan to write a few book reviews soonish. o_o
How has life been? let me place it into point form.
- The mouse is gone (yipee, and I did not kill it!).
- My Nanna had a bad turn again recently so it has been stressful lately.
- I have been cleaning the crap out of my room and getting rid of 15 years of junk.
- I went on a book buying spree, hehe. Those are just awesome.
- Bubble is running a competition for Halloween.
- My computer charger died, I still haven’t brought a new one so have been stealing Mums.
I still have so many things on my to-do list. Don’t you just hate when that happens? x|