30 Day Creative Challenge: Recap
For the month of June I completed the 30 Day Creative Challenge, where I created something each day for 30 days, based on a daily prompt. It was also part of my 30 Before 30.
I have finally completed the 30 Day Creative Challenge, and I present the results to you in this post (it is image heavy). There were some days that I had to catch up on, mainly because of a few events that were difficult. 1. My dear Kangaroo friend Denise died in early June and that was very sad and a shock. 2. I had a tooth that was causing me a lot of trouble, and eventually had to be taken out, where they found it had an infection around it. My mouth is healed, but it takes longer to heal from loss, but I am getting there.
So now, lets look at the creative results.
Random creative things I want to do (at some point)
I love creative things. This is a list of random creative & crafty projects that I want to do (at some point).
- Write/Illustrate my owl children’s book (I have this about 80% complete)
- Design/Illustrate a mood journal to use to track moods (an actual paper journal)
- Have my own designs printed onto stationery (notebooks, stickers, pens, cards, etc.)
- Have my own designs printed as wrapping paper, fabric and sticky tape
- Make a handmade & hand bound journal from recycled materials
- Carve my own stamps (inking stamps) OR have my own designs made into stamps
- Purchase or hire a badge maker and make my own designs into badges/buttons/pins (there is a heart shaped badge maker that screams awesome!)
- Try needle felting and make some cute toys/creations
- Make felt creations of some of my own designs (hand sew)
Blog shuffling again
So I decided to shuffle things around again and now have my blog back on a self-hosted WordPress and plan on using it as a personal blog, as it has been for a long time. I was rather inspired by Liz and how honest her blog is and thought that I should really do that too. I also decided to restore all of my old blog posts (from 2003 onwards). Many of these older entries are pretty crazy, but they are mine and I shouldn’t hide from them, at least I know I have grown as a person (… hopefully).
Because I haven’t designed a website for a long time (let alone a WordPress theme) I decided to purchase one. So I brought Keilir which I think is rather awesome and should work well until I decide to make my own theme again.
I have kept the previous posts I was making of daily inspiration/creative things and moved those to moon.nu which I will still continue to work on.
There hasn’t been a lot going on at the moment, or rather nothing exciting. I am trying to deal with a lot of mental health issues, that I might address later.
Ok So I just spent the last 2 hours scanning heaps of images then putting them together with a song on movie maker thing and then I try to sav it oh wow the file is to large I don’t have enough memory. Then I say oh I will just have to get to see it now so yes that is a good idea, oh look it deicdes to not work when I show her how wonderful of it, then it decides it will freeze my computer and now it is lost forver how VERY happy I am at the moment all I wanted to do was frickin make something special for her jesus I can’t do anything right I think I want to go and break things.
Hating my computer always some moron.