I wrote a book
I am so thrilled to announce that I have completed my first children’s book.
The book is called Tom and Geraldene and tells the story of a little boy (Tom) and his toy giraffe that becomes real (Geraldene). Tom wants everyone in his family to meet Geraldene, but not everyone can see her. I have based this book on imagination, friendship, family and looking at the world a little differently (including our acceptance of people of different ages). I really hope that it will be enjoyed by children (and adults as well).
Room Renovation: Complete
I am so pleased that my room renovation is finally complete. The final step was decorating and I had a lot of fun doing this.
There is still a few items that I want to add to, such as the owl lamps I like, storage boxes for the top of my wardrobe and cloud shelves. But these are only minor elements. I am really happy with how my room turned out. It is a very relaxing and calm space. I also finished it before Uni starts in November!
Goal complete. ?
Cloud Stationery Set
Number 22 on my 30 Before 30 was to design a stationery set.
Because I love clouds, I thought I would make a design featuring some happy cute clouds.
Random creative things I want to do (at some point)
I love creative things. This is a list of random creative & crafty projects that I want to do (at some point).
- Write/Illustrate my owl children’s book (I have this about 80% complete)
- Design/Illustrate a mood journal to use to track moods (an actual paper journal)
- Have my own designs printed onto stationery (notebooks, stickers, pens, cards, etc.)
- Have my own designs printed as wrapping paper, fabric and sticky tape
- Make a handmade & hand bound journal from recycled materials
- Carve my own stamps (inking stamps) OR have my own designs made into stamps
- Purchase or hire a badge maker and make my own designs into badges/buttons/pins (there is a heart shaped badge maker that screams awesome!)
- Try needle felting and make some cute toys/creations
- Make felt creations of some of my own designs (hand sew)
Bye Bye 2014!
A new year is almost here and that brings 2014 to a close. This year was a strange one. I lost two animals (Tigger & Flapper), started free hosting again, created two new blogs (Cute Magic & Why Blue) and tried not to push myself mentally.
In 2015 I would like to:
- Make a plan for the future
- Seek support for mental health
- Finish children’s book
- Relearn website design
- Make a theme for my blog
- Exercise & eat better
- Stop drinking as much soda/pop
- Stop smoking as much
Dad and I will be playing our annual game of cricket in the afternoon (when it cools down). We have been playing this for so long (16+ years I think). Today I was thinking it will be really sad when one day he is not here to play it with me. I am lucky that he is, especially after he had cancer twice.
I hope 2015 will be a great year for everyone.