While you had not been working properly for the past twenty days it had been a challenge. I do apologise that I swore at you, called you names and generally fired some hate in your direction. However, it has been difficult as I realised how much I have become dependent on you (study, entertainment, social, creative, all the things). So, here are some of the changes I have had to make and things I have been doing to amuse myself without you.
Just a reminder
This is a list of reminders to myself. They could be relevant to you, if they are, I hope they can help motivate greater kindness towards yourself. I was inspired by similar posts that Liz has made.
- It’s okay to be sad and cry. You don’t have to try to act strong all the time. You’re just ignoring emotions that are going to build up and explode (boom).
- You should not feel stupid because you are unable to do something that someone else can (and don’t use that ‘everyone can’ excuse, because that is a lie).
- Measuring your own self worth on any kind of scale (including ones where other people are involved) is a lie.
- So you don’t look like a model or won’t be a cover girl. It does not mean that you are ugly and worthless. That kind of theory gives you an F-.
30B30: Plan a future
This blog post is part of the 30 Before 30 tag, where I have 30 goals that I aim to complete before turning 30 on the 11th of March, 2017.
I thought it was certainly time to update my 30 Before 30 tag, with a specific update and tick off of the Plan a future item (sitting on #2). It’s kind of a big one, and I am glad that I can now be able to say; “Oh cool, I have a future, I have plans, things are going to be alright.” That’s not to say, that unexpected things can’t happen, plans can and often do change. I am content with the fact that at least for now, I have some direction!
My plan for the future
On March 11, I turned 28. It wasn’t all doomy and gloomy, but it did feel strange. Yesterday I thought I was only a teen, and now I am inching towards 30.
I think the most important thing that I realised is; I don’t have to act my age, I only have to be myself. My age does not define who I am or dictate how I should live.
30 Before 30: Blog Categories
This is an update to my 30 before 30 goals. I have successfully gone through all 500+ entries on my blog and placed them in appropriate categories (I’m trying to keep it simple too). It was quite easily the simplest goal of the 30, so at least I have one item off the list.
Here are some things I learned while going through all these entries.
- From 2005 to 2003 I sound crazy, bizarre and can’t spell at all.
- Sometime after 2006 I seemed to gain a few more brain cells (a few).
- I seemed to have constant struggles with mental lows and highs.
- Sometimes my spelling is still pretty bad.
- I am not going to try and organise my tags, because they are just doing their own thing…
Now, just 29 more goals before I turn 30 on the 11th of March 2017.
- When did you first start blogging?
- How far back do your blog entries go on your current blog?
- Have you changed since your first entries?