I recently brought a number of cute little items I had to share. They are kind of simple, but make me smile. This entry is very image heavy.
There was once a girl who had a problem with stationary. Especially from a delightful store named Typo. There were just so many items that she adored that sometimes she would accidentally splurge and buy some pretty things. Yes, that girl was me.
Lots of pretty images ahead!
A Smiggle Accident
It’s no secret that I have a weak spot for cute things. However, I also have another weakness, stationary. Pens, pencils, journals, notepads, stickers, all the things! Now, if you combine cute and stationary together it’s an epic fusion of awesome. Smiggle is a store that does combine these things (and rainbows, with the way they organise their store stock). So.. I might have accidentally wondered into a store recently and brought a few things… >.<
This post is kind of image heavy (but they are cute images)
All the things
I have had a bag of things been sitting in my room for a while that I wanted to photograph and share. Some of these were given to me and others I brought myself. I wanted to share them because they are so cute. Beware this post may be picture heavy.
Christmas Ornaments. The middle one was a gift from mum and the others (two owls and cupcakes I brought from Big W).
- Arrived in Sydney and checked in to hotel. I didn’t like my room at first (it was really small) so was moved to another. It was amazing it had a piano and spa bath, but the piano made it a bit small and I decided to move again (haha, I am sure I was a big pain to them).
- Met Claire for the first time . It was so awesome to meet her. I was so paranoid about making a fool of myself, being really boring or lame. (There is a good chance I still was, lols). We walked around a tad, went to the museum and looked at a Pre-Raphaelite exhibition. (I have to say it made more sense when you read the blurb about it first, rather then looking at everything first haha).
- We went and had a browse around Paddy’s Markets and I was good with my money (even when there was so many pretty things) I only brought Hello Kitty fake nails, hehe.
- Saturday night I met Krissy for the first time. I was really excited about this because I have known her for a long time (maybe 7 years). She is such a kind hearted, warm, friendly and special person. I am so glad that I was able to have the time to finally meet her! We had Dinner and wondered around a little.
- Brought Macarons (!!) and looked around at some really really cute/Kawaii stores in china town. My wallet was begging me to spend, but I was good, hehe!
- Krissy and I headed out to the zoo which was so much fun. Some of the highlights were Giraffes (because they are the best thing ever, omg), Zebras and the bunnies standing underneath them (so funny, you have to see),
- We then headed out to Bondi, it was dark and pretty cold but I still really love the vibe at Bondi. Had some of the tastiest fish and chips ever and we also had some frozen yoghurt from Twisted (OMG SO DELICIOUS!!!)
- I didn’t do a great deal on Mon-DAY, mainly slept because my legs were so soar.
- Night time Krissy and I went to see Harry Potter in 3D at the IMAX theatre which is HUGE (apparently the biggest in the world?). I had never watched a movie in 3D before so it was exciting. I enjoyed the movie and did cry several times. I am really glad I was able to watch the last chapter with Krissy, made it extra special.
Stay tuned for more. 4_4
I am sure I probably forgot some important things..
I have been trying to make a new theme for the blog. I purchased a very cute image on istockphoto.com for it and I have 90% of the general structure done, I am just lacking inspiration and motivation to finish it. _x
I have been lacking motivation in many areas of life at the moment, I hope to fix this (and kick myself up the bum) soon. 4_4
Dad went into hospital again, he seems to be doing okay, but it may take a few days before he is home again. It really puts your mind into trauma/shock when someone you love gets sick and taken into the hospital many times. I know I am not the only one.
My Mac should be shipped tomorrow. I hope hope hope! 3_3
Today I am really happy, it has been a day of change and embracing many new and exciting chapters in life. I am speaking about university. Today I successfully enrolled in university to complete a B.A in Internet Communications and I am so thrilled. I know it won’t be easy, especially for someone like me who has trouble finding ones brain sometimes ( :0 ). I am going to really try my hardest to do this. I always dreamed of one day going to university, I just never thought that I was good enough, or worthy of doing something as important. I realise that kind of thinking is bad and everyone has a chance to do whatever they like! I will admit that there was a time when I thought university was overrated, now as I have grown I realise that education on any and every level is very important. Some of us may learn through school, others through life or both.
I also finally sent in the application for financing for my Macbook, and I managed to misjudge my finances and had to dip into my savings, whoops haha! o_0
I am feeling happy. Mainly related to two big reasons.
- I am going to see INXS and Train in January 2011 (tickets ordered today, wooo).
- I am in the process of ordering a Macbook Pro, iPad and Adobe Create Suite CS5!
I can’t wait!
Oh a bit of a bummer, I cut my leg on a piece of tin a few days ago (see twitter post) and it is getting sore and red. I may have to have a tetanus shot after all. Icky, but I don’t want it to turn septic and kill me. :0
Threadless has been tricky and had a $9 sale again. (I love them for their awesomeness, seriously I do). So, I had to buy a few shirts. Only eight this time, compared to the waaaay to many I brought last time. I did buy the piggy bank tee again as a gift for the Mummy who loved the design.
I also brought two new domains, tale.nu (will be for writing) and kitten.nu (domain connective). Now I just need to start working on them. 4_4